Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Today's my mom's birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy! My mom is really like my best friend, and it's so hard to be so far away from her.

For those of you who don't know, my mom is fighting endometrial cancer. She was diagnosed in October and had a hysterectomy to remove the infected organs. She has started a lengthy process of healing from surgery, hyperbaric chamber therapy, going through radiation treatments, and now she's started chemo. When I spoke to her on Monday, she told me she was bald...and she actually sounded chipper, like she had a smile on her face. My heart broke, and when I hung up the phone I cried and cried, but I didn't let her know that. She is the strongest woman I know, and I only hope I can grow to be that strong in my life's journey.

Whether they read this or not, I have two people I'd really like to thank:

One is my best friend, Katie. She's going through a tremendous life-threatening sickness herself, and she still finds time to come over to help my mom with picking up groceries or prescriptions, or going with her to the doctor's for procedure thaat she can't drive herself to. It means so much to me that I have someone in my life that would go above and beyond what normal friends would do. I can't put into words how much I value our friendship, and what she means to me!

The other is my cousin, Rhonda. Rhonda is an RN, and just happens to work in the oncology office that my mom goes to for chemo. She has been a rock, a beacon, and a hand to hold for my mom during the chemo. It hurts me so much that I can't be there for her, but I'm glad to know that she has someone like Rhonda there with her through the treatments. I think that was a surprise blessing that Rhonda came back to work there right about the time my mom was diagnosed.

So, thats my blurb for today. I don't usually spill personal info into this blog, but I'm having a very emotional day and needed to vent. Please keep my mom in your prayers, thoughts, wishes...whatever it is you believe in doing. I love you mom, and I'm counting on many more birthdays to come!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...