Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 9 :: Candy Cane Centerpiece

This has been my easiest DIY project so far on my 12 day journey! I wanted a centerpiece for my Christmas Eve dessert table, so I used my leftover candy canes and a clear vase to create a nice base for my flower arrangement. I just hung the candy canes around the top of the vase to cover the glass. How easy is that!?



Then to finish it off, I took some red silk roses that I have and cut some evergreens from my backyard to make a small round floral arrangement. I used a strofoam base to stick my flowers & evergreens into, and then I just set the arrangement on top of the vase.

Strofoam can be bought at your local craft store for just a few dollars. Or, you can always just arrange them in the vase without the styrofoam (after all, you won't see the stems because of the candy canes).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...